‘I saw everything in Hiroshima’
‘You saw nothing in Hiroshima’
This dialogue is repeated in Alain Resnais’s 1959 film ‘Hiroshima mon amour‘.
What do you see in Hiroshima?
Especially after the nuclear accident in Fukushima?
Further, what do you see in the atomic bombing on Hiroshima in its historical context?
Camera: Fumi Nakabachi
Editor: Hajime Kobayashi
Music: Marius Pirhonen
Written and Directed by: Yushin Toda
Producer: Fumi Nakabachi and Yushin Toda
©Japan Desk Scotland 2013
This is the third documentary film created by Japan Desk Scotland as part of its documentary films production.
This has been screened:
(6) on Saturday 21 June 2014 at GZO Peace Institute, Ateneo de Manila University, Manila, The Philippines;
(7) on Tuesday 24 June 2014 by Interfaith Center for a Culture of Nonviolence in Bauan, Batangas, The Philippines;
(8) on Saturday 28 June 2014 at Department of Political Science, School of Social Sciences, Ateneo de Manila University, Manila, The Philippines (class for the final year students on Politics);
(11) on Thursday 11 June 2015 at the Interfaith Room, University of Glasgow Chaplaincy, Glasgow, Scotland, as part of ‘Here and there (seven documentaries)’;
(12) on Tuesday 18 August 2015 at the International Discussion Group held at the Interfaith Room, University of Glasgow Chaplaincy, Glasgow, Scotland;